My question is about male grooming and dyed hair.
Didi, how do I tell my man that he shouldn’t dye his hair? It looked OK up until a couple of years ago when a bald spot became very apparent on the top of his head. But now, really, who has dark brown hair hanging down from a big bald spot? He should wear his baldness as a crown and not be so vain. Anyone who looks at him knows his hair is colored to cover the grey.
- He cannot see the back and top of his head unless you show it to him. Give him a warm hug and tell him you love him and want him to stop dying his hair.
- His dyed hair has become a habit. He doesn't know how to stop coloring it.
- Propose that he go to a good barber and have it shorn way down and the hair will grow in the color of his remaining natural hair.
- Over time he'll get used to going au naturel when he's rid of the dyed hair look that makes wrinkled faces look even older.
- Mention that dying his hair is not healthy for his scalp. Suggest that his baldness may well have been advanced by the harmful toxins in the hair dye.