My physics teacher treats me differently than the other girls. There are only three of us girls in the class. He embarrasses me when he favors me. Sometimes he puts his hand on my back, shoulder, arm or hand and it totally makes me feel really uncomfortable. It freaks me out. The other two girls giggle and tease me about him and that really annoys me.
It’s an advanced class and I cannot drop out half way through the year. What should I do? I have nobody to talk to.
- I want you to be very brave.
- It would be best to have a buddy who could hang out at the door and listen to you, but if that's not going to happen, be extra brave.
- Ask him to please stop touching you.
- Try to look him in the eye as you say, "Please don't annoy me because it is very awkward for me."
- Add, "You're the teacher, I'm the student. You're not supposed to be showing favoritism toward me in any way."
- Then walk out.
- This is not up for discussion.