My question concerns table manners dating.
My boyfriend has the most annoying habit of picking food off my plate and eating it. I want to say, “Here, help yourself,” and hand him my plate. Even though I’ve asked him time and again to kick the habit my plea doesn’t register. How do I get him to be more polite?
- A butter plate or salad plate will do.
- Then when you notice him eyeing your food, make your move.
- He's zeroing into exactly what tidbit looks the most mouth-watering.
- Wedge off a piece of your grilled tuna with your knife and fork, scoop up a generous bite with your fork, place the tuna on the small plate, and handing it to him gently say, "Here, what else would you like to sample?"
- To quote the British author Peter Mayle, "Good manners make any man a pleasure to be with. Ask any woman."