I made a terrible mistake and apologized, but I know that merely saying sorry wasn’t enough. My boyfriend is barely talking to me, he is so mad at what happened. It was a silly mistake, which I made worse by trying to cover it up while over-explaining, but I got caught in an untruth.
I keep telling him I’m sorry, but he so doesn’t seem to believe me! How do I convince my boyfriend that I am truly sorry.
- For much of the population, saying sorry hasn't made its way into their interpersonal skills set.
- There are those who simply cannot recognize apology-worthy situations.
- Others simply do not feel the value of the apology.
- Accept responsibility for your wrong-doing action.
- When appropriate reenforce that apology by saying it won't happen again.
- Be sure to make it clear that you understand and acknowledge the ramifications of the wrong-doing.
- So don't be vague, look for clarity in what went wrong.