How do we go about choosing a monogram or logo for our wedding stationery? One that we can use for the wedding invitation and other wedding stationery, as well as for our thank-you notes and letter paper or correspondence cards going forward.
–S+P, New York, New York
To S+P, when choosing a logo or monogram that reflects who you are, whether it’s just for one of you or for you both as a couple, have fun with it in good taste.
There are online companies to help you choose a monogram or logo, as well as those that will create one specifically for you.
- This gold monogram (upper left) with the letter S entwined with a P represents the first letters of the last names of the bride and groom as they appeared on their wedding stationery and invitation.
- Whether you choose to continue using the monogram or logo on letter paper or correspondence cards–or even linens and bar glasses–once you’re married is something you can decide as time goes by.
Here are some of my favorite samples of monograms and logos we’ve recommend and used at Newport Manners & Etiquette that were created for various friends and clients.
- This first monogram below with four initials represents a couple who use their own last names. The monogram forms a line of her first and last name initials followed by his (no middle initials).
As you can see, these monogram and logo designs, their shapes and colors, were created to reflect the combined personalities of the couple.
- Start by going on to the websites of the various stationery greats such as Dempsey & Carroll and The Printery in Locus Valley, NY, etc. to get an idea of what speaks to you, what gives you that “It’s us!” go-head feeling.
- There are, also, excellent online stationers such as Paper Culture and Minted where you can choose a monogram free of charge.
For additional information, you are welcome to click on Ask Didi at the top of this Home page, and I’ll give you an even more personalized response.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment