My question is about having a mixed genders wedding party. My finance thinks it would be silly for my BFF to be in my bridal party. He’s my best friend, after my husband, of course, and we’ve been through a lot together. He’s like a brother to me. How do we resolve this issue? I said he could have a best girlfriend as a groomswoman, but he doesn’t like the idea. He said she would have to dress like the other groomsmen and wouldn’t be invited to his bachelor party weekend and wouldn’t appreciate the tie he’s picked out for his groomsmen.
–Charlotte, Brooklyn, NY
- He could also perform usher duties at the church (escorting single women to a pew and passing out the program).
- If there is a bridal party banquet table, he could be given a seat and/or asked to give a toast.
- He could also be invited to cut in on the groom during her second dance, after she’s danced for awhile with her father.
- Fit him in as the wedding couple sees fit.
- He would be identified at the wedding with the same boutonnière as the groomsmen, he just wouldn’t stand up at the alter with the groomsmen.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment