–Julia, Cohasset, MA
You girls will have a delightful experience at the Newport Flower Show! However, expect to do a lot of walking.
Even though there is a free of charge trolly ride of several blocks from Chateau-sur-Mer, where you’ll be parking, to Rosecliff, you will spend a fair bit of time on foot.
- Wear sensible shoes and I don’t mean flip-flops.
- Gladiator sandals, ballerina flats, and espadrilles are fine.
- But stiletto heels will sink into the grass and possibly catch the wearer off guard with a tumble.
- All headpieces are one-of-a-kind.
- Lisa’s specialties are her made-to-order original hats for that special occasion, as well as the simpler straw hats we wear everyday in the garden or at the beach.
After an hour of browsing the many vendors, how about a lovely refreshment overlooking the Atlantic Ocean seated under a luncheon tent. Great for people watching.
- Ahead of time go online to look for the starting times of special events and lectures with a floral motif. No Newport Flower Show is the same.
- This June 23-25, the French garden theme prevails.
Even though you’ll be wearing a hat, bring sunscreen and reapply, reapply. And don’t forget to take plenty of selfies.
More hats you’ll see at the Newport Flower Show.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment