- Quite a few companies have long mandated anti-harassment training as a way of educating all employees about sexually abusive behavior. Although the jury is still out on the effectiveness of the training.
- Talk about Hugs: Hugging an old-friend is one thing, hugging a co-worker may have a different connotation. What about a half-hug?
- Ask a co-worker directly if they feel harassed.
The more naturally the topic of sexual harassment is talked about in the workplace, the stronger the bond between co-workers.
When a colleague makes it clear how s/he feels about the harassment issue, s/he is safer from being harassed.
- As far as harassment on social media, many companies make their policy clear to employees that they have a right to monitor electronic communications and many actually do.
- Additionally, to avoid temptations for after party liaisons, move the holiday party date and time from a Thursday or Friday evening to a Monday or Tuesday in the late afternoon.
- Open bars can include game zones.
- Water down the signature drink — less alcohol in the holiday punch.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment