–Jennie, Brookline, MA
- For instance, in Belgium, “Two sets of four people make a ‘corona bubble’ who can visit each other’s homes. No one else is allowed into the domestic social circle.” Eventually that first bubbles enlarges as trust and caution become the normal.
The trick is to go in light heartedly but with facts, “Hey, do you and your family want to join us in our quarantine bubble?” Then you go into detail about the guidelines your family has been following, including mention of how many times a week you go to the grocery store or/and gym and explain the routines you follow. If they’re interested, they’ll respond by telling you their routines about ordering groceries online and doing curbside pickups. Then suggest a picnic in a public space to see how everyone behaves.
- Social bubbles allow some social contact, while continuing to limit the risk of further Covid-19 transmissions.
- The goal is to get to level 3 where your household bubble can include people such as close family members, care-givers or someone who needs care.
- Beware that if the number of deaths does not continue to drop or the average number of people infected for every Covid-19 case increases, people will then not be allowed to use the bubble scheme.
- Two sets of four people make a “corona bubble,” who can visit each others houses but there are no hugs or other physical exchange like kissing.
- In Northern Island now six people from different households can meet outdoors as long as social distancing is practiced.
- Your social bubble is the people you live with. With extreme caution you can manage adding to your bubble.
- Anyone experiencing coronavirus symptoms, or who is at a higher risk, should not be in a bubble, and needs to self-isolate.
As part of your first discussion:
- When do you go out? For what reason?
- Do you where a mask?
- Do you keep 6 feet away from others?
- When are you communicating with family?
- What happens if someone in the bubble has symptoms of Covid-19?
- What questions do you ask others?
- What is the process for entering a bubble?
- How would we set up protocol and etiquette?
- What would be the protocol and etiquette?
- There is the possibility of extending the bubble.
- The bubble doesn’t have to be forever.
- The bubble gives everyone something to look forward to.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment