Should vegans date meat-eaters? Is it too much of an issue in a relationship? I’m actually afraid to include the fact that I’m vegan on my dating web site profile, out of fear that I will be perceived as being too finicky. But when I find out after falling in love with some guy online that he’s a real meat-eater, I can’t imagine what life with him would be like?
–Annie, Brooklyn, NY
- Communication is key: In an un-preachy way, people need to know how important veganism is to you. It’s about others being able to understand where you’re coming from. If you’re going to live together you totally need to be clear about what you are and are not OK with.
- For instance, would you mind having any non-vegan products in the house? If that’s potentially going to be a huge issue, he should know that because it won’t make sense buying two of everything.
- Would you ever cook meat for him?
- If he doesn’t understand why you’re a vegan or disses you for it, then you’re wasting your time on him.
- In that case, you might want to look into Grazer, a dating app for herbivores.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment