- Did your dog attack the holiday ham just as your guests were arriving?
- Do you feel you have to write thank-notes to holiday party guests who brought you a hostess gift?
- Did you receive a spectacular present from a colleague you didn’t give a present to, and how did you react?
- Are you annoyed at our ‘forced hugging culture’ where everyone feels they have to give-a-hug-to-get-a-hug? Or do you think it’s cozy cool?
- Did your famously misanthropic brother show up for dinner with a plus one and there was no place at the already over-crowded dinner table?
- Did your brother-in-law forget to bring the promised dessert?
- How did you manage to get that last staggering guest to go home?
- How did you handle holiday “forced hugging”?
My fav word this month is ‘tidy’.
- To rediscover the difference between what I want and what I need. To have all I need and want all I have.
- Eat new foods.
- Never forget my shopping bags or list.
- Do one thing every day that scares you (me). ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- Read two books a month.
- Be a better listener and stop interrupting.
- Don’t let anyone tuck me into a “forced hug.”
- Use “Thank You” more and “Sorry” less.
- Be politically more responsible.
- Clean up my manners.
Past Failed Resolutions — that I’ve given up on:
- Saying that I’ll cook more–I hate the cleaning up.
- Saying that I’ll walk more–I hate walking in the cold.
- Saying that I’ll make new friends–I don’t pay enough attention to the ones I already have.
- Saying that I’ll restart a gym membership–when I hate the smell of gyms.
- Saying that I’ll write every day–some days I simple cannot.
- Saying that I won’t eat as much chocolate–I love chocolate.
Resolutions I’ve totally given up making:
- Get more sleep.
- Be a better gardener.
- Be more thrifty.
- Wast less time on the Internet.
- Loose weight.
- Entertain more.
- Exercise more.
- Drink less wine, but better wine.
- Eat less chocolate.
Catch us up on your pet peeves and Dos + Don’ts. I bet you’ve got plenty of them, because we do.
–Didi, Newport, RI
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment