I am going on holiday next week to Marco Island, Florida, and I am not sure if I can/should pack my white jeans? Is white alright for February in Florida?
–Lynda, Boston, MA
Fresh white jeans are always cool to wear in warm weather.
It’s not so much about not wearing white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day, as it is about the weight of the fabric. A crisp white shirt always looks sharp either with black in winter or blue in summer.
Consider the following:
- Even skinny jeans tend to be heavier in weight than a lighter fabric pant. Check the projected average weather in Marco Island, FL, in February and you’ll see that it can be anywhere between 74 and 56 degrees.
- Since jeans are heavier than white cotton or linen slacks, jeans would take up a bit more space in your bag.
- Should you be a guest at a private club, jeans are usually verboten–not allowed, even if they’re white. So, you would have to know the dress code for that particular club. A phone call or email to the club should clear that up.
- If you have a pair of fresh white linen slacks or gauzy palazzo pants–and you have room in your carryon–you’ll surely wear them.
- Just in case, tuck a liquid stain remover pen ($2.99 at Target) into your toiletry bag.
Hope this helps. Thanks for coming to NewportManners. We’re here to help.
And, yes, it is appropriate to wear white jeans in February while you’re in Florida.
Lynda’s kind reply later today, February 1, 2019:
Thank you so very much Didi, this is a great help, now I can pack tomorrow. Funny you mentioned the linen and gauzy, I’m just picking up my pair of cream and navy striped ones at the tailor today.
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Accepting A Compliment