Please, give us the standard on Casual Friday dress code.
Starting off the new year we want to rope in the whole sloppy Casual Friday dress code problem that has morphed year-round. Summer is the culprit. Everyone dresses willy-nilly, loose-goosey with tank tops and shirts untucked, sneakers unlaced, and flip-flops flopping around the cubicles as the mantra. Winter comes and they wear their boots to work and change into their flip-flops or Vans to pad around the office. Next they’ll be flaunting flannel pajama bottoms to work instead of the dreaded cargo pants or knee-torn faded jeans.
–CN, Seattle, WA
2017 Casual Friday Dress Code
- Collared shirts (or turtle necks) for men
- No untucked shirts
- No bare feet noticeable
- No bare midriff for women
- No visible tattoos
- No shorts
- No cargo pants, sweats, or torn jeans
- No baseball caps
- No hooded sweatshirts
- No hair longer than two inches below the earlobe for men
- No nose, lip, eyebrow or tongue jewelry
- No biker boots